Kliniki ya Macho

Posted on: September 28th, 2022

Before the construction of the present Regional Referral Hospital, Liebels Hotel which used to be opposite the Sea View Hotel was rented and temporarily used as a hospital.  The building remained as a hospital for only a short time as Dr. Alexander Berker had already drawn plans of the Spacious Government Hospital still in use today.  The plot which was formerly Liebels Hotel is currently a petrol filling station.  Construction of the present Tanga Regional Hospital started in 1896 and the work was completed nine years later.